AAMC Campus Expansion Update
200 additional parking spaces at the Sajak Pavilion
We are excited to be building the
AAMC of the future—the medical center
that will provide you, your children,
and your grandchildren with the finest
quality health care. Progress on the
AAMC campus expansion is evident
each day as we make significant strides
toward bringing more free parking and
additional services to our patients.
Here is a brief summary of where we
are to date:
- 200 parking spaces have been added to the Sajak Pavilion.
- Construction is expected to be completed in the spring on the new 400-space patient parking garage behind the Wayson and Donner Pavilions.
- The Sajak Pavilion surface lot now is closed to make way for a 930+ space parking garage to accompany the to-be-built Ambulatory Services Pavilion (ASP). The ASP will include physicians’ offices, a health sciences institute, and other health care services and amenities. It is scheduled to open in late spring 2009.
- Many AAMC employees have been reassigned parking spaces on our South campus lot to ensure our patients have parking convenient to services in the pavilions.
By 2010, the AAMC campus will have:
- an expanded emergency room and a pediatric emergency room
- nearly 5,000 garage parking spaces
- a new patient tower featuring 50 additional patient rooms
- eight additional operating rooms
You will read more about the expansion
of the AAMC campus in upcoming
issues of AAMC Magazine. For more
frequent updates, and for campus and
parking maps, please visit the AAMC
Web site, www.askAAMC.org.
Back to this issue's table of contents
Back to the complete AAMC Magazine index