Have a Healthy Winter
Becky Byrd, R.N., certified occupational health nurse at AAMC,
advises individuals to stay home when they do not feel well.
“Most importantly, do not go to work when you have a fever,”
- Get vaccinated! This is the single best way to prevent the flu and to prevent spreading it.
- Stay home when you are sick, especially if you have a fever.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water after you sneeze and after each visit to the bathroom.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Germs spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Get plenty of rest, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
Back to this issue's table of contents
Back to the complete AAMC Magazine index