Thinking about joining AAMC’s Clinical Ladder? This page contains all the information and forms you will need to prepare, apply and schedule your review. Make sure to read about the new Ladder revisions – there are even more opportunities for AAMC nurses to get on board!
Congratulations to all 179 of our current Clinical Ladder participants! Click here to see a complete list of your colleagues who are already on the Ladder.
Before you apply
- Attend a Portfolio Education Session. You’ll be able to ask questions, practice presenting your portfolio, meet with clinical ladder coaches and view sample portfolios. Email email@example.com for dates and details.
- Read about the new Clinical Ladder criteria here.
Prepare your application
- Complete a Clinical Ladder Application: This packet contains everything you’ll need to get started, including the requirements for each level.
- For Level II and III applicants only, complete the Application Renewal Form.
Present your portfolio
- Schedule your Board Review well in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The following 2015 dates are listed here.
- Practice presenting your portfolio. This tip sheet for the interview offers practical advice.
Still have questions?
- Email Melanie Lee at email@example.com or Irma Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org. The fax number for Clinical Education is 443-481-4494.
- Learn from your colleagues. Read “Climbing Ladders? At my age?” An AAMC nurse shares her Clinical Ladder story