Want to be part of the solution in improving care to our patients? Become a Bedside Scientist and receive up to $1,000 in grant funding to conduct your quality improvement project or research study. Grant funding is available to all clinical staff including nursing and clinical support staff.
The Nursing Evidence Based Practice/Research Council is now accepting grant applications for evidence based quality improvement projects and research studies. Application deadline is Monday, April 29, 2013.
NEW THIS YEAR! To provide additional support, the Nursing Research Council will provide feedback to grant writers. We strongly encourage applicants to present their grants in advance to the Nursing Research Council on April 25 between 1-3pm for feedback prior to final submission on April 29. Details are provided in the grant application.
- April 25 – Grants presented to Nursing Research Council between 1-3pm for feedback prior to submission (optional, but highly recommended).
- April 29 – Grants proposals are due to Cathaleen Ley.
- June 14 – Grants announced at annual Nursing Strategic Planning Retreat.
- July 1 – Beginning of grant period.
Each grant proposal will be rated based on the following criteria. Please note that the first three criteria are weighted the heaviest.
- Specific aims are clearly identified
- Research evidence to support study as demonstrated in literature review
- Outcome measures clearly identified and method of data collection is feasible
- Evidence of involvement of unit-based Nursing Quality Councils
- Budget is completed and funds are used for direct expenses only