The Rebecca Fortney Breast Center
FAQs for New Patients
In This Section
Request an Appointment
Request a consultation at the Breast Center in Annapolis.
» Use our Online Forms
We are happy to help with any inquiries you may have about treatment, the DeCesaris Cancer Institute, its programs, resources or anything else you want to know.
Q. Are there any patient or family support programs?
Yes. Call 1-800-966-2619 and you will be connected to a specialist, counselor, navigator or other resource person who can assist you.
Q. Are there any free materials or resources for cancer patients?
Yes. Call 1-816-584-8227, ext. 26, or log on to: http://patientresource.net/place-order.aspx.
Q. What are the cancer screening and prevention processes?
- Clinical trials that may help reduce your risk of certain types of cancer
- Genetic counseling for individuals (and/or their families) who are at high risk of developing cancer
- Screening guidelines (colorectal, skin, oral, mammography, etc.)
- Educational programs, town meetings, and classes that focus on educating the general community about screening guidelines, accessing care and early detection and treatment for cancer
- Alternative therapies and wellness programs, including weight management and dietary guidelines for cancer prevention