In This Section
The need for a good support system is universal even though each of us will have a unique experience regarding our cancer diagnosis and treatment. Cancer support groups can be sources of comfort, encouragement and information, a way to connect with others who know what you’re going through as a patient, family member or caregiver.
Cancer Support Groups
Join one of our sessions to discuss issues and share feelings and perspectives. Our programs are facilitated by professionals including social workers, oncology certified nurses, counselors and volunteers from advocacy groups. For the most current schedules and information about these groups, call 1-800-966-2619
- General Cancer Support Group is a source of information and a place to share experiences with others who are coping with cancer.
- Monthly Lung Cancer Support Group provides ongoing emotional support and information to patients and families coping with a diagnosis of lung cancer.
- Moving Forward is a monthly meeting for women diagnosed with breast cancer within the last two years.
- Sister to Sister provides specialized support for African-American women.
- Survivors Offering Support Breast cancer survivors are trained to provide one-on-one mentoring to newly diagnosed patients through their first year of treatment. Contact us to become a mentor, request a mentor or for more information.
- Transition to Wellness Workshop: Breast Cancer provides a wellness toolkit for women ending breast cancer treatment and entering life beyond cancer.
NOTICE: Information about other independent organizations and services is posted on the Anne Arundel Medical Center website for informational purposes only as a convenience for our community. We are not affiliated with and do not approve, endorse or sponsor any such independent organization or the information or services they provide.
- I Can Cope
- Coach to Recovery
- Man to Man (Prostate Cancer Support Group)
- METAvivor Research and Support, Inc.-a program for metastatic breast cancer
- The Pink Cottage
- The Red Devils
- Wellness House of Annapolis
- Cancer Survivor’s Network (csn.cancer.org)
- Hospice of the Chesapeake
Patient and Family Support Program
Our 800 number is your connection to all of our services. A knowledgeable staff member can refer you to a specialist, counselor, navigator or other resource person as well as give you information about all of our programs. Contact us—we’re here to help!