Chaired by Robert Hanley, MD, of Anne Arundel Urology, the Collaborative Care Network (CCN) is our local, physician-led platform that allows the health system to join forces with independent and employed physicians to share data, resources and opportunities to improve care, create efficiencies, and demonstrate the value that an integrated, cohesive medical community can deliver. The CCN is the platform that helps practices prepare for voluntary, local Advanced Alternative Payment Models (AAPMs) as they become available over time.
The CCN’s board, committees and staff have worked tirelessly to build our foundation. In the past year we have:
- Signed 630 members, representing 73 primary care and specialty practices within our community.
- Hosted educational events to prepare our medical community for MACRA, MIPS and AAPMs.
- Provided care coordination resources to our membership such as:
- On-call care management.
- Behavioral health navigation.
- Care alerts.
- Community-based care management.
- Home-based primary care services.
- Engaged in conversations with commercial insurers to discuss value-based and shared savings contracts for CCN members.
- Developed clinical integration measures to help us learn about the populations we serve, set the foundation for and identify opportunities for clinical transformation, and demonstrate the value of our network.
- Created data analytics tools and processes for collecting shared data.
- Prepared for participation and success in AAPMs being developed at the federal and state levels.
The CCN will continue to aggressively move forward to accomplish our objectives:
- AAHS and clinicians together taking responsibility for the cost and quality of care for populations.
- Better coordination of care across settings and clinicians.
- More effective management of chronic disease by both clinicians and patients.
- Measurable improvement in health outcomes.
- Successful performance in pay-for-value programs.
- Building a “community of practice” recognized and preferred by patients.
For more information on the CCN, or to learn how your practice can join, please contact Renee Kilroy at email@example.com or 443-481-6619.