MDICS is very proud to announce that Kelly London, PA-C, a veteran member of the MDICS hospitalist team at AAMC, has been named as the Society of Hospital Medicine Maryland Chapter’s first-ever Non-Physician Hospitalist of the Year. Kelly was selected from a nominated group of exceptional physician assistants and nurse practitioners from across the state. Hospitalist group leaders and hospital chief medical officers were invited to recommend members of their staffs for selection, and an independent panel selected the winner. Tim Capstack, MD, regional medical director for MDICS, and George Samaras, MD, chair of the department of medicine, were on hand to present this prestigious award at the Engineer’s Club in Baltimore on November 4, 2014. Congratulations Kelly!
News and Updates
Please welcome the following physicians who have joined AAMC as medical staff members in the last few months:
- Cara Abbondandolo, P.A.-C, Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Colleen Abell, C.R.N.P., AAMC FastCare at Bowie
- Tabassum Ahmad, M.D., Virtual Radiologic Professionals
- Delroy Anglin, M.D., Mid-Atlantic Permanent Medical Group
- Alvaro Arango, P.A.-C., Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Hiruy Bishaw, M.D., Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Dana Bridges, C.R.N.P., AAMC FastCare at Bowie
- Lee Anne Connell, M.D., Anesthesia Service, LLC
- Hari Devkota, M.D., Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Suman Duvedi, M.D., Pediatric Place
- Onyekachi Egwim, M.D., Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Megan Grossmiller, P.A.-C., Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Christian Hansen, M.D., Anne Arundel Pathology Services, LLC
- Laurel Ansley Howe, C.N.M., Special Beginnings Birth & Womens Center
- Gaurav Lakhanpal, M.D., Center for Vascular Medicine
- Dmitry Liepinsh, M.D., Mid-Atlantic Permanent Medical Group
- Miriam Martin, M.D., Fit for Life Medical Center
- Mary Mayzel, C.N.M., Bay Area Midwifery
- AbdulAhad Rehmatulla, M.D., – Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Briana Sanders, M.D., – Mid-Atlantic Permanent Medical Group
- Barbara Semakula, M.D., – Joining Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine, LLC
- Sadia Shafi, M.D., – Annapolis Cardiology Consultants
- Varun Takyar, M.D., Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Colleen Wallace, M.D., South River Pediatrics
- Jennifer Wormuth, M.D., AAMG Acute Care Surgery
For a period covering the past few years, we have begun to compile a compendium of scholarly activities carried out by our medical staff. These activities include:
- peer-reviewed grants
- peer-reviewed publications and abstracts
- posters and presentations
- textbooks or invited reviews
- panels at professional society meetings
- invited lectures and similar efforts
Use this link to see the results of the first effort dating back to 2012. You will find this .pdf format to be searchable by name or key word, but not sortable.
It is, of course, a never-completed task as new accomplishments occur regularly. We likely are missing much suitable information. Please take the time to supplement our compendium with your own information if we have not included it.
You can supply us with the information missing by using this form to add a new activity or edit a previously submitted publication (please indicate edit). This form gets submitted to the Medical Staff Office and we will amend the existing compendium.
Please call 443-481-4150 with any questions.
The Anne Arundel Medical Center Board of Trustees and Administration invite you to join your colleagues for a very special evening to honor you, as a member of the AAMC medical staff. The 2015 Medical Staff Appreciation Cocktail Buffet Reception is Saturday, January 17, at 5:30pm at the Westin Annapolis Hotel. You should have received your invitation in the mail. Please RSVP by calling 443-481-4710 or email MSO@AAHS.org.
It’s all new–a gala and a bash! The AAMC Foundation’s Gala has been a much-anticipated event in this region for nearly 50 years. In 2016, we will celebrate the golden anniversary of this popular event with the aptly titled Heart of Gold Gala, celebrating cardiac care in our community.
In an effort to preserve and advance the pageantry and fun that has made the gala truly spectacular for half a century, the AAMC Leadership and Foundation Board are changing it to a biennial event, with the Heart of Gold Gala to be held in April of 2016. This extravaganza will be chaired by local leaders Mark and Lynne Powell and AAMC Heart Institute Medical Director Jerry Segal, MD, and his wife Heidi Segal. Stay tuned for news about exciting changes to this event, including a fabulous new location.
We are also pleased to announce that in the years when there is no gala, the AAMC Foundation is launching a new event beginning this coming spring right here in Annapolis. Get ready for Denim & Diamonds, a night of fun, food and dancing under the stars. This new twist on the old fashioned tent party will feature fabulous cuisine, a great band, unique auction prizes, and a “come as you like” theme. From your favorite pair of denims to your best cocktail dress, everything is “in” at Denim & Diamonds. We are pleased to announce that veteran Gala committee member and past Auction Co-Chair Claudia Boldyga and her husband RxNt President Randy Boldyga will chair this new event.
Please save the date for the Denim & Diamonds Bash Saturday, April 25, 2015. This event celebrates the renovation of the Clatanoff Pavilion at Anne Arundel Medical Center.
For more information about both events, including advertising and sponsorship opportunities, please email Kendra Smith Houghton, AAMC Foundation @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hackerman-Patz House, located across from the hospital, offers affordable guest lodging and a supportive community environment for families and patients in need. Whether it is an early morning surgery, ongoing treatments or to be near a sick loved one, the house is a comfortable, more affordable alternative to a hotel.
Reservations can be made by calling the house at 410-571-3100, Mon.-Fri., 9am to 5pm. For emergency reservations after hours or on weekends, call security at 443-481-6999. Rooms are assigned on a priority basis and confirmed prior to arrival. Questions? Email David Michaels, house manager, email@example.com or call him X410-571-3129.
Mitch Schwartz, MD, and Ken Gummerson, MD, invite all medical staff members to join their friends and colleagues in the Hospital Pavilion South medical staff lounge on December 19 between noon and 2pm. This is a wonderful opportunity to discuss ideas, issues, and medical staff news with Ken and Mitch. We look forward to having you join us for this friendly, open discussion.
Last week, we submitted a letter to the Maryland Health Care Commission (MHCC) outlining our intent to fi le a Certificate of Need in February 2015 to implement a cardiac surgery program. Our Certificate of Need must be approved by the MHCC before we can start providing cardiac surgery. This is just one step in a multi-year journey to expand and improve cardiac care for patients and our community. AAMC Already provides a range of quality cardiac services, but cardiac surgery is the missing link for a comprehensive program.