Brooke Buckley, MD, of Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC) has been named president of The Maryland State Medical Society (MedChi) for the 2015-2016 year. Dr. Buckley will be the third woman to serve in this position. >>More
News and Updates
Excellence award nominations are now being accepted for Nursing Excellence, Tech Excellence, Patient Care Secretary/Customer Service Representative of the Year, and Clinical Escort of the Year. Nominate here. The deadline is February 13.
Along with activities and events around AAMC and in the community recognizing Heart Month, in February you will also begin to see advertising promoting AAMC’s new online “heart health profiler.” This free tool allows community members to learn their “heart age” and risk for heart disease, and encourages them to take their results and start a conversation about their heart health with their doctor. You may see AAMC’s “Young at Heart” campaign running on TV, radio, online, in the newspaper, at Westfield Annapolis mall and in other places throughout our service area. We encourage you to take a look at this tool on our website, http://www.AAMCYoungAtHeart.com.
Doctors Day is March 30 and AAMC is planning some special things to recognize our medical staff, including a fun trivia game for staff. Help us out: Provide a fun, interesting or little-known fact about yourself. Then, the information will be compiled into a quiz for all staff to complete. The staff member who gets the most questions correctly wins a prize. Join in here.
MDICS is very proud to announce that Kelly London, PA-C, a veteran member of the MDICS hospitalist team at AAMC, has been named as the Society of Hospital Medicine Maryland Chapter’s first-ever Non-Physician Hospitalist of the Year. Kelly was selected from a nominated group of exceptional physician assistants and nurse practitioners from across the state. Hospitalist group leaders and hospital chief medical officers were invited to recommend members of their staffs for selection, and an independent panel selected the winner. Tim Capstack, MD, regional medical director for MDICS, and George Samaras, MD, chair of the department of medicine, were on hand to present this prestigious award at the Engineer’s Club in Baltimore on November 4, 2014. Congratulations Kelly!
Please welcome the following physicians who have joined AAMC as medical staff members in the last few months:
- Cara Abbondandolo, P.A.-C, Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Colleen Abell, C.R.N.P., AAMC FastCare at Bowie
- Tabassum Ahmad, M.D., Virtual Radiologic Professionals
- Delroy Anglin, M.D., Mid-Atlantic Permanent Medical Group
- Alvaro Arango, P.A.-C., Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Hiruy Bishaw, M.D., Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Dana Bridges, C.R.N.P., AAMC FastCare at Bowie
- Lee Anne Connell, M.D., Anesthesia Service, LLC
- Hari Devkota, M.D., Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Suman Duvedi, M.D., Pediatric Place
- Onyekachi Egwim, M.D., Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Megan Grossmiller, P.A.-C., Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Christian Hansen, M.D., Anne Arundel Pathology Services, LLC
- Laurel Ansley Howe, C.N.M., Special Beginnings Birth & Womens Center
- Gaurav Lakhanpal, M.D., Center for Vascular Medicine
- Dmitry Liepinsh, M.D., Mid-Atlantic Permanent Medical Group
- Miriam Martin, M.D., Fit for Life Medical Center
- Mary Mayzel, C.N.M., Bay Area Midwifery
- AbdulAhad Rehmatulla, M.D., – Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Briana Sanders, M.D., – Mid-Atlantic Permanent Medical Group
- Barbara Semakula, M.D., – Joining Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine, LLC
- Sadia Shafi, M.D., – Annapolis Cardiology Consultants
- Varun Takyar, M.D., Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists, LLC
- Colleen Wallace, M.D., South River Pediatrics
- Jennifer Wormuth, M.D., AAMG Acute Care Surgery
For a period covering the past few years, we have begun to compile a compendium of scholarly activities carried out by our medical staff. These activities include:
- peer-reviewed grants
- peer-reviewed publications and abstracts
- posters and presentations
- textbooks or invited reviews
- panels at professional society meetings
- invited lectures and similar efforts
Use this link to see the results of the first effort dating back to 2012. You will find this .pdf format to be searchable by name or key word, but not sortable.
It is, of course, a never-completed task as new accomplishments occur regularly. We likely are missing much suitable information. Please take the time to supplement our compendium with your own information if we have not included it.
You can supply us with the information missing by using this form to add a new activity or edit a previously submitted publication (please indicate edit). This form gets submitted to the Medical Staff Office and we will amend the existing compendium.
Please call 443-481-4150 with any questions.
The Anne Arundel Medical Center Board of Trustees and Administration invite you to join your colleagues for a very special evening to honor you, as a member of the AAMC medical staff. The 2015 Medical Staff Appreciation Cocktail Buffet Reception is Saturday, January 17, at 5:30pm at the Westin Annapolis Hotel. You should have received your invitation in the mail. Please RSVP by calling 443-481-4710 or email MSO@AAHS.org.