Looking for an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (AAPM)? The CCN’s primary focus is to offer a portfolio of AAPMs to as many CCN-member clinicians as possible. Being in an AAPM provides several benefits: 1) automatic five percent Medicare bonus 2) significant relief from reporting burdens 3) opportunities to achieve greater incentive payments 4) a larger Medicare rate increase in 2026 and beyond and 5) resources to improve patient outcomes.
AAMC has recently submitted a Letter of Intent to participate in the state’s Hospital Care Improvement Program (HCIP) in 2018. HCIP is expected to be approved by Medicare as an AAPM for hospital-based clinicians, meaning it will offer the benefits listed above. Clinicians interested in participating in AAMC’s HCIP will need to be members of the Collaborative Care Network. The HCIP applies to inpatient care and has the following objectives:
- To enhance the quality of patient care by adoption of evidence- based and other standardized practices
- To improve physician and organizational efficiencies in providing patient care
- To reduce the cost of care and eliminate medically unnecessary services
Providers participating in HCIP will benefit through:
- Participation in programs designed to meet Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) requirements
- Potential financial incentives from the hospital for performing activities that will improve care, reduce potentially avoidable utilization (PAU) and reduce the total cost of care (TCOC)
- Access to detailed reports to allow physicians to improve their individual performance, and achieve greater incentive payments and improved patient outcomes over time
There are more Care Redesign Programs currently in development at the state levels that will include outpatient care. The CCN will support local practices in these programs as well. We are building the infrastructure to be successful together in the era of payment reform and care transformation.
For more information on the CCN, or to learn how your practice can join, please contact Renee Kilroy at email@example.com or 443-481-6619.