Click here for a full schedule of fit-testing clinic times and locations.
Healthcare workers are required to be fit tested annually for N95 respirators used in airborne isolation/negative pressure rooms. The deadline is Saturday, April 27.
You must be fit tested if you:
- Work in the Emergency Department (ED) or physically see patients in the ED.
- Enter into a patient room that has a patient in airborne isolation (negative pressure room). Negative pressure rooms are throughout the hospital: patientrooms, ED, PACU, Dialysis,and Endoscopy.
- Use a N95 respirator for patient care.
FIT TESTING GUIDELINES:
- Do not chew gum, eat, drink (except water) for at least 20 minutes before testing; this may alter the results of the test.
- Testing takes approximately 15 minutes.
- Even if you “failed” fit testing in the past, you must still attempt again for 2013.
- Those fit tested in calendar year 2013 (e.g., orientation) are not required to be fit tested.
Questions? Contact Anne Van Waes, RN, director, Quality and Regulatory Affairs, at avanwaes@AAHS.org.