The Medical Staff Office is interested in hearing from medical staff members who have participated in medical mission work. There are physicians on staff who would like to have access to information on how to join up with a mission team from AAMC or guidance on how to search out other available opportunities to volunteer. We are creating a list of the mission organizations that AAMC physicians have been affiliated with. If you are willing to act as a contact for physicians interested in joining a mission group, and would like to have your organization listed at AAMC, please email the following information to MSO@aahs.org.
- Name of the mission group and their contact information.
- Focus of the group.
- Specialties required or needed.
- Does the mission organization get the required visa and work permits?
- Do they support any or all of the travel expenses?
- Do they provide housing and transportation?
- Is there a stipend involved?
- How long is the average mission?
- Are physicians encouraged to bring their own medical supplies and instruments pertinent to their specialty?