The most critical items are listed below with the complete list including the ones below attached. Please forward to your colleagues since many may not see this post.
- Succinylcholine – supply is limited <200 vials available in house with none available at the wholesale level. Please consider alternatives and conserve use as much as possible.
- Furosemide IV – this shortage affects all sizes. A recommendation is to use IV bumetanide if needed or oral/liquid furosemide. Currently only a few days’ supply remains on hand with no supply available at the wholesaler and manufacturer level.
- Bumetanide IV – limited amount available due to shortage of furosemide. Please try to limit/conserve IV doses and consider oral as needed. Pharmacy will be drawing up standard doses from bulk vials in the next few days to help provide medication for use.
- Morphine and hydromorphone PCA – supply is still limited, please conserve
- Medications out of stock include: atracurium, Foscarnet, lidocaine PF 1.5%, methyldopa IV, pancuronium, phentolamine, prochlorperazine IV, secretin and Bactrim IV
- Resolved – chloroprocaine 2 & 3%, methotrexate IV, multivitamin IV, pantoprazole IV, and tetracaine ophthalmic solution.