(May 23, 2013)—The Marketing and Communications team at Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC) recently received several national and local healthcare marketing industry awards.
The Aster Awards, one of the largest national competitions of its kind, is hosted by Marketing Healthcare Today Magazine and Creative Images, Inc. This elite program recognizes outstanding healthcare professionals for excellence in advertising/marketing.
Awards were issued for entries that received top marks from judges placing them in the top 5% of the nation for advertising excellence. Judging criteria included creativity, layout and design, functionality, message effectiveness, production quality, and overall appeal.
The team won the following 2012 Aster Awards:
• Gold for its AAMC Magazine cover photo
• Gold for its online pediatric surgery tour
• Silver for its internal “Appreciate Your Friends: Hospital Week” campaign
• Bronze for creative design and promotion of its marketing campaign, “Bariatrics: Soar to a Lighter You”
Similarly, the AAMC Marketing and Communications team won several Alfred Knight Awards. The Alfred Knight Awards are presented by the Maryland Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development. Programs were judged for research, planning, and outcomes.
AAMC won the following 2012 Alfred Knight Awards:
• 1st place – Rock the Red for Heart Month
• 2nd place – Appreciate Your Friends: Hospital Week 2012
• 1st place – SOAR: Weight Loss & Metabolic Surgery Program
• 1st place – AAMC docsTALK
Social & Interactive Media
• 1st place – Sliding Board Injury Prevention PSA
“I am incredibly proud of the staff for the quality of work they consistently produce,” says Chad Dillard, executive director of marketing and communications at AAMC. “Our team is committed to producing high-quality communications to help patients make important healthcare decisions and inform employees about hospital events.”