(October 9, 2013)—Just in time for the upcoming winter months, Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC) is launching a new indoor wellness program in partnership with Westfield Annapolis. Throughout the mall, you’ll find a marked walking path and inspiration for living healthier. The trail measures more than a mile with start and finish zones just outside Macy’s.
During the week of Oct. 21-25, AAMC and mall partners will host daily activities for fitness, nutrition, skin cancer prevention, and stress reduction. The full schedule includes:
• Monday, Oct. 21, 7:30-9:30am: Free breakfast and sign-up for Energize—the next generation of mall walkers! Come and get a free t-shirt (courtesy of Under Armour™), pedometer, and learn about new tracking systems and contests. Plus, our Energize team will be on-site to learn more about what you want!
• Tuesday, Oct. 22, 6-8pm: Fitness demonstrations with AAMC’s own wellness champions and instructors. Plus, meet a member of the Baltimore Ravens!
• Wednesday, Oct. 23, 11am-1pm: Nutrition education with registered dietitian Ann Caldwell: 10 tips for a healthier plate.
• Thursday, Oct. 24, 11am-1pm: Cancer prevention with nurse Joanne Ebner: Understanding the sun’s impact on your skin.
• Friday, Oct. 25, 11am-1pm: Stress reduction demonstrations with wellness practitioners.
All events will take place in the Crate & Barrel Court. Registration for Energize will be available during all activities.