Annapolis, Md. (May 10, 2012) – Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC) was awarded the state’s top honors for excellence in health promotion and creative services from the Maryland Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development (MSHMD). Awards won by category included:
Best in Show:
- AAMCdocsTALK.com, a multi-media campaign featuring Dr. Briana Walton and Dr. John Martin and AAMC specialists highlighting prevention and disease management strategies.
- Special Events: Growing Together, a comprehensive campaign for community and AAMC workforce to introduce the April 2011 hospital expansion.
- Television Advertising: These are the doctors you want, a series of TV commercials featuring AAMC primary care doctors.
- Print Advertising: These are the doctors you want, a series of 17 print ads featuring AAMC primary care doctors.
- Reputation/Brand Management: AAMCdocsTALK.com, a multi-media campaign highlighting prevention and disease management strategies.
- Internal Communications: Together Communications Network, the system created to keep employee audiences informed and engaged.
- Audio/Visual Presentation: AAMC Breast Center videos, a series of four YouTube videos highlighting AAMC Breast Center specialists and comprehensive program offerings.
With seven awards, AAMC outpaced every other health system in Maryland for recognition of its creative initiatives in the past year. AAMC has been a recipient of more than 100 communication awards on the local as well as national level over the past 15 years.
The judges of the annual awards were experts from neighboring Virginia’s state society for marketing and public relations (VSHMPR).
The AAMC Marketing and Communications team includes Lisa Beatty of Centreville, Justus Burkhardt of Severna Park, Chad Dillard of Annapolis, Leah Do of Severn, Ashley Henery of Annapolis, Yvette Krom of Severna Park, Michelle Powell of Annapolis, and Kelly Swan of Columbia.