AAMC Pre-Anesthesia Testing Center (P.A.T.)
Helpful Phone Numbers
Pre-Anesthesia Testing Center (P.A.T.).
Surgical Prep Team
At Anne Arundel Medical Center’s Pre-Anesthesia Testing Center, you can receive a pre-operative physical, lab work, an EKG and a chest X-ray in one visit, as well as additional referrals for consultation with a specialist if needed.
To make an appointment in the P.A.T. Center, call 443-481-3624 as soon as your surgery is scheduled. The Center is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
What to Bring to the P.A.T. Appointment
- Photo identification
- Your insurance card or worker’s compensation information.
- A detailed, written list of all medications you are taking, including over-the-counter medications and supplements. Include the name of the medication, the dosage, and how often you take it.
- Names of your primary care physician/specialists.
- Any medical records associated with your upcoming surgery.
What to Expect at the P.A.T. Appointment
- A customer service representative will welcome you and ask you for information for your records.
- A nurse will take your medical history. A nurse practitioner will conduct a physical to ensure that you may safely proceed with surgery.
- You will receive instructions about the medications you should or may take prior to surgery. You also will be given information regarding where and when to report on the day of your surgery.
- Your lab work, chest X-ray and electrocardiogram will be completed, if necessary.
- If it is determined to be necessary, an anesthesiologist will consult with you prior to the day of surgery.