Radiosurgery for Cancer Care
In This Section
Backed by a team of the region’s most compassionate and experienced radiation oncology experts, Anne Arundel Medical Center’s DeCesaris Cancer Institute is the statewide leader in breakthrough radiosurgery treatment for patients diagnosed with cancerous and non-cancerous conditions of the brain, spine, lung and prostate.
What is Radiosurgery?
Stereotactic radiosurgery is a non-invasive form of radiation therapy that delivers a high dose of radiation to the treatment site with pinpoint accuracy - usually within one to two millimeters - thus maximizing the dose’s effectiveness and minimizing damage to healthy surrounding tissue.
Radiosurgery Powered by Novalis TX Technology
Anne Arundel Medical Center is proud to offer patients the most powerful radiosurgery platform available today: Novalis TX. Able to reach the most deep-seated tumors, the Novalis TX delivers incredible treatment benefits, including:
- Greater precision: Novalis TX shapes the cancer-fighting radiation beam around the tumor or lesion, ensuring that the prescribed dose is delivered to the entire treatment site and protecting surrounding healthy tissue
- Greater safety: Novalis TX adapts to the patient’s normal body movements - including breathing - for increased safety and precision
- Greater comfort: Treatment can be delivered in as little as 15-20 minutes and uses a ‘frameless’ approach, which does not require the use of an immobilizing head ring
- Greater flexibility: Novalis TX can be used to treat a broad range of previously ‘untreatable’ conditions and can be offered as a one-time treatment or a series of treatments, based on the patient’s plan of care
Thought-Leading Radiosurgery Specialists
Our board-certified radiation oncologists have trained at preeminent National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) institutions, and today help represent radiation oncology in local and national leadership activities dedicated to advancing best practices and evidence-based guidelines in radiation oncology, government affairs, clinical research, and global health.
More Radiation Therapy Solutions
In addition to our Novalis TX radiosurgery technology, the DeCesaris Cancer Institute offers patients a wide range of state-of-the-art radiation oncology treatment options, including:
- MammoSite® Targeted Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI)
- PET/CT Scanner for Cancer Staging and Radiation Treatment Planning
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Image-Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy for GYN and Breast Malignancies
- Low-Dose Rate (LDR) Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer
- 4-D CT-Simulator with Respiratory Gating
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- 3-D Cone-Beam CT for precise pre-treatment alignment
Find a Radiosurgery Specialist
Learn More About the Novalis TX Radiosurgery Technology
Visit our DeCesaris Cancer Institute site