A Public Relations representative must accompany media during visits to any Luminis Health location.
Protocol for Members of the Media Working with Luminis Health
Luminis Health's Public Relations team is available to assist members of the media in answering questions about Luminis Health and our range of healthcare services. We provide assistance in locating expert medical spokespeople, schedule interviews with members of the Luminis Health team, answer media questions, issue news releases, and provide information about Luminis Health events.
To expedite media and interview requests, please follow these guidelines:
- Members of the media must be escorted at all times by a member of the Public Relations team while on campus.
- Interviewing, filming, and photographing patients, patient families, and visitors on campus requires signed consent forms and must be coordinated through Public Relations.
- Advance notice of on-site interviews is required in order to arrange speakers and obtain appropriate patient and staff consent.
- When on any Luminis Health property, media crews must park in spaces specifically designated for parking unless otherwise authorized by Public Relations. Please do not block patient access entrances to any Luminis Health location or Emergency Department entrance. Media crews are prohibited from parking in emergency vehicle parking areas.
- Only a one-word condition description of patients (good, fair, serious, critical, or indication that the patient is deceased or has been discharged) will be made available to the media. The patient must be identified by name, by the media, in order to obtain the condition description. Information will not be provided about patients who have opted out of the hospital directory.