Breast cancer may be common, but there are many ways to lower the risk of developing it. At Luminis Health, we believe regular screenings and a healthy lifestyle are the best ways to lower your risk of breast cancer.
Preventative Breast Care
Breast health goes hand-in-hand with your overall health. Eating a healthy diet and managing your weight helps lower your risk of breast cancer.
And the best way to detect breast cancer early is by having regular mammograms. A mammogram is an x-ray of the breast. It can uncover abnormalities, like a lump, before you can feel them.
Luminis Health offers:
- Convenient evening and weekend mammogram appointments.
- Quick results and short wait times.
- Radiologists with special training in breast imaging who interpret every mammogram.
- 3D screening mammograms that give a more accurate look at the breast, which is especially helpful for women with dense breasts.
- Earlier detection of breast cancer and fewer callbacks about harmless abnormalities.
- A Risk Assessment and Prevention Program (RAPP) to identify women at high risk of developing breast cancer.
- Minimally invasive breast surgical procedures.
And we exceed the American College of Radiology's breast imaging requirements by also offering breast ultrasound and breast MRI.
At Luminis Health, we ensure cost is not be a barrier to getting regular mammograms. We have programs and services for those who are uninsured and underinsured.
If You Need Treatment
If a mammogram shows that you have an abnormality in your breast, you can get the treatment you need at Luminis Health. (And remember, not every tumor is cancer. Some tumors are benign, or non-cancerous.)
Luminis Health offers one of the largest breast centers in Maryland. We're accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. That means you'll have access to:
- A full range of state-of-art services under one roof, including screening, diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
- A multidisciplinary team of nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals who work together to design your best treatment plan.
- Nurse navigators to coordinate your care.
- Clinical trials through the Luminis Health Research Institute.
- Genetic counseling.
- Advances in technology, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- The latest in breast care, close to home.
Read about the benefits of mammography and what happens at your appointment. Find out why you should trust Luminis Health for your next screening.
Breast imaging tests help us diagnose lumps in the breast. While cancer is the big worry, many lumps turn out to be cysts or non-cancer masses.
Breast Cancer Biopsy
During a breast biopsy, doctors take a small sample of breast tissue to test for cancer cells. Here's what you need to know about this procedure.
Chemotherapy is one form of cancer treatment. It uses medicine to treat your cancer. Our specialists devise an individualized plan for you.